Friday, April 30, 2010

The most lethal Marking Pen


I hate waking up early in the morning especially when I'm used to waking up late. I hate 12 'o clock noon, its too hot. I hate walking along the streets in the afternoon, the sun burns. I may have a lot of complains, but I keep on doing it. despite the "i hate this and that" I realized, why do I keep on joining my dad on his campaign?

Just now,after a long day of school. I realized, Maybe because I believe on their group, on their advocacy, on their vision for our town. that we can have "The Change" we are thirsty of for 12 years. I may be young, but I'm mature enough to distinguish good from bad. Going with my dad in his campaign, I witnessed what the situation of our town is. Behind those wonderful streetlights, those beautification of the Municipal office and the numerous pathways given this election. There are a lot of malnourished children that are not being treated. Most of my kababayans are unemployed, they spend their days sitting and sharing rounds of quatro. The women, they sit all day with their child on their lap while playing tong-its or majhong. When they see a candidate, they'd say "konsehal pasoftdrinks ka naman!", "konsehal penge namang quatro! shot ka muna dito!", and the others are talking to my dad privately then would hand-in a solicitation. Moreover, as I go with my dad, I can see there's hope. There's this instance when my dad extended his hand for a hand-shake but the old lady kept on ignoring him and she kept on doing her thing (nagtatahip ng walis). Then a lady butt in and said "nako pasensya na po, bulag si inay..", My dad sat next to her and had a small conversation.
Come to think of it, the others spend their time relaxing and gambling, drinking to death and wait for the money that goes into their pocket without even working. compare them to this old lady, she has a disability, but she keeps on working for her family despite her old age. If she can do it, why can't we? we, who are capable. we who are young. why can't we? These are the two faces of Sto. Tomas, the good and the bad. Its up to us, if we still want the government we had for 12 years, the usual. Let's choose the right path, the path that would bring hope to our town. If we would stand-up and protect our votes, our children will have a better tomorrow. let's not stick to the old, we want change. PAGBABAGO.


"Kaya nating tumayo sa sarili nating mga paa, basta't tayo'y sama-sama."


-almightyaphrodite-





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The little known world of Monique Reyes - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords